About Me

Hi! I'm Becca Fitzpatrick, the author of the internationally bestselling HUSH, HUSH saga. When not writing, I'm most likely running, prowling sale racks for shoes (stilettos, please!), or enjoying one of life's many little indulgences: Ice cream, Veronica Mars, losing myself in a book, painting my toenails, or simply daydreaming. I do my best to update this blog as frequently as possible with news on upcoming events, tips for writers, and all things pertaining to my books.

08 July 2012

Old Town Book Fair

First off, thanks to everyone who came out yesterday and helped make the inaugural Old Town Book Fair a big success! I had a wonderful time on the panel answering questions, reuniting with old writer friends, and making new friends. I genuinely appreciate good writer friends - in a business filled with ups and downs it is always nice to feel a sense of solidarity. Speaking of writer friends, here is a picture of Laura Resau and me. I met Laura for the first time a couple of years ago at the Colorado Teen Lit Conference. Laura must be one of the best human beings I know. She's smart, well spoken, thoughtful and has a huge heart. I always enjoy listening to her words of wisdom when it comes to writing. I enjoyed her book, THE RUBY NOTEBOOK so much, and seeing her yesterday reminded me I should give myself a treat and pick up another one of her books.



And another pic with Amy Kathleen Ryan and Brenna Yovanoff. We are standing in front of the yurt, a.k.a. the Toaster. That rosy color in my cheeks is not a sunburn, rather the early stages of heat stroke! I can now officially say I have done an event inside a yurt. Bragging rights!


Finally, a few more event pics. Thanks go to the event organizers - hopefully we get to do this again next year!





No comments: