Hi! I'm Becca Fitzpatrick, the author of the internationally bestselling HUSH, HUSH saga. When not writing, I'm most likely running, prowling sale racks for shoes (stilettos, please!), or enjoying one of life's many little indulgences: Ice cream, Veronica Mars, losing myself in a book, painting my toenails, or simply daydreaming. I do my best to update this blog as frequently as possible with news on upcoming events, tips for writers, and all things pertaining to my books.
29 September 2011
Thrilled to make this announcement: There will be a fourth book in the HUSH, HUSH saga! The book (untitled) will be out Fall 2012. Why the change in plans, you ask? First, I felt compelled to write a book set during Cheshvan, since it plays such a huge role in the HUSH, HUSH series. Second, fans and readers have been asking for a fourth book, and I wanted to deliver! I've spent the past couple months writing book 4, and I know how the story is going to end. The fourth book will be the final installment.
To read more about the fourth book, as well as Chapter 1 of SILENCE (10/4) visit USA Today for the scoop!
Also, MTV.com revealed the SILENCE trailer today. Watch it here!
25 September 2011
Get a sneak peek at SILENCE and put yourself into the HUSH, HUSH Saga here Once you make your story, you can get a look at a scene from SILENCE! Eeek so exciting!! (please do NOT repost the scene anywhere else, instead send your friends to Becca's site to read it.) This is so much fun! We ended up with some quotes like...
I wrinkled my nose, trying to figure out what he smelled like. Not cigarettes. Something richer, fouler. Old potatoes.
Doesn’t he smell amazing? What is it? ice cream? An exotic spice? or maybe.. mint?
Also don't forget about these:
Cozy up next to your favorite fallen angel PATCH here in the Patch and You Facebook App. Check out Becca & Patch...
Countdown the last few days to SILENCE with a Countdown Widget here for US, here for UK, here for Australia and here for Canada.
23 September 2011
Ten days! That's all that's left! On October 4th, SILENCE will be in your hot little hands. You'll finally know what happens to Patch and Nora. I can't wait!
To celebrate these final days, I'm giving away ten signed, limited edition SILENCE locker posters. That's one poster every day from now until October 4th.
To enter to win a poster:
1. Tweet "I have a date with Patch on October 4th! #Silence #becfitzpatrick"
2. You MUST use the "Silence" and "becfitzpatrick" hashtags (so I can easily trace entries)
3. I will draw one winner each day
4. U.S. entries only, please. This was a tough call, as I try to keep my contests open internationally, but since one of my friends will be mailing the posters while I'm on tour, I want to keep work on her end to a minimum. Customs forms take a while to fill out!
Thanks for celebrating SILENCE's release with me!
22 September 2011
19 September 2011
Simon & Schuster Canada are hosting an incredible sweepstakes now through October 16. Enter to win a signed set of the Hush, Hush series, Garage Clothing gift certificates, and much, much more!
Check it out, and good luck!
16 September 2011
Silence is out in just over two weeks, and that means my brain is starting to kick into Tour Mode. I wake up in the middle of the night, panicking over things that still have to be done before I leave. Fill the pantry with enough snacks to last a month. Schedule housekeeper to fill in while I'm away. Find store that sells travel-size mousse.
Last night's middle-of-the-night epiphany was that I should let my readers know what to expect at a bookstore event. Especially those readers who've never been to an author signing before. When I went to my first author signing, I had NO idea what it would be like, and I was really nervous! But you shouldn't be. I'm giving you a cheat-sheet!
1. Call the bookstore ahead OR check their website for details. Once, in St. Louis, I had the wrong address for an event posted on my website. Two girls literally drove all over the city trying to find me, eventually finding the correct location minutes before the event ended. I felt awful! I do my best to make sure the information on my website is correct, but it never hurts to double-check. Also, several of my events this year are ticketed, or require an RSVP. I'd hate for readers to show up at an event only to learn they needed to pick up a ticket prior to the event. I know for certain that my event at the Provo City Library on October 11th requires a ticket, and my event at the Wellesley Free Library on October 16th requires an RSVP.
One last word on this topic. Every bookstore has a different policy when it comes to bringing in outside books. Some allow you to bring as many books from home as you want. Some require you to purchase at least one book from their store if you plan on bringing previously purchased books for me to sign. And some absolutely do not allow outside books. A quick call to the bookstore will end any confusion.
2. Keep it spoiler free. At almost every event, I allow 10 - 15 minutes at the end of my "talk" for questions. Inevitably, there will be one reader who asks a very spoilery question in front of the whole audience. Like, "Why did Vee die at the end of Crescendo?" (Okay, Vee didn't really die. That was just an example.) Please, please, please try to keep group questions spoiler free. Not everyone in the audience has read all of my books, and I don't want to spoil the fun for them. The best time to ask spoilery questions is when I'm signing your book. It's just you and me during that minute or two, so go ahead and hit me with every burning question you've got!
3. Pictures. I absolutely allow them. Bring your cameras :)
4. Have fun! I think most authors would agree that the best part of touring is meeting you guys! It makes the horrendously early flights, inevitable weight gain, and hectic scheduling so worth it. I love seeing your smiles, hearing your reactions to my books, and feeling that instant spark that happens when two booklovers meet. You might come to an event to see me, but I come to see you.
One final note here. Yes, you're allowed to dress up! But by no means is it required. Bring your halo, your wings, or even your black skinny jeans. I will probably be wearing a wrinkle-free dress or jeans :)
I think that's everything. I can't wait to meet many of you. October or bust!
15 September 2011
Did you miss out on the signed graphic novel and 2011 books that bite purse? Well don’t be sad for we are doing it AGAIN and this time it’s BIGGGGGGEEERRRRRR and BEEETTTTTTTEEERRRR. In celebration of the upcoming release! We thought a graphic novel this epic deserved something extra special!!!
On our store tab ( http://store.sealionbookstore.com ) you can purchase the limited edition Hush Hush graphic novel prologue for $10.00. WE WILL ONLY BE RELEASING 1,000 COPIES AND IT WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB STORE. So not only is this an important piece to the contest puzzle but you will be one of a thousand people to own this piece of Becca Fitzpatrick’s history!!! Keep in mind since there are only 1,000 copies of the prologue being made we need to limit the number of copies you can purchase. It is limited to 2 copies per person.
Now here is the fun part! Once you receive the book, take a picture of yourself with it and email the picture to us along with a paragraph as to why you should be the next to make a cameo in the next volume of Hush Hush! In this cameo you will even interact with Patch and Nora. NOW REMEMBER I SAID THAT I WAS GOING TO BE ENVIOUS OF THE NEXT WINNER!!! WELL HERE IS WHY! The winner will not only get to interact with Patch and Nora in the next Hush Hush Graphic Novel, BUT the illustrator for the graphic novel will also IMMORTALIZE you from head to toe in Patch’s arms! Your image will be held lovingly safe in his arms! How awesome is that!!!
SO LET'S RECAP!!!
1. 1,000 limited edition prologues will be available for sale on www.SeaLionBooks.com. Limit 2 please!
2. Once you receive the Hush Hush prologues you must take a picture of yourself with it and post the picture on our FB page with a paragraph in the comments under the picture as to why they should be the next to make a cameo in the next volume of Hush Hush!
3. The winner gets an interacting cameo with Patch and Nora in Hush Hush volume 2, and they get a unique one-of-a-kind poster with Patch holding the winner in his arms.
4. The limited edition prologues will ship the first week of October.
11 September 2011
Since we're getting down to the final days before release, the ladies at FallenArchangel.com have put together a couple of great contests for you to win SILENCE, as well as a limited edition SILENCE poster.
The first involves re-reading HUSH, HUSH and CRESCENDO to celebrate and get ready for SILENCE.
The second involves sharing your favorite quotes from HUSH, HUSH and CRESCENDO.
To get you thinking, here are a few of my favorite lines:
"Patch wasn't the kind of guy mothers smiled on. He was the kind of guy they changed the house locks for." - HUSH, HUSH
"I think I'm more of a guardian angel girl." - HUSH, HUSH
"'The guy I've got my eye on happens to be hot. Off-the-charts hot. Hotter-than-Patch hot.' She paused. 'Well maybe not that hot. Nobody's that hot.'" - CRESCENDO
"They said the moment I fell in love with you was the moment you'd leave." - CRESCENDO
Have fun, and GOOD LUCK!