About Me

Hi! I'm Becca Fitzpatrick, the author of the internationally bestselling HUSH, HUSH saga. When not writing, I'm most likely running, prowling sale racks for shoes (stilettos, please!), or enjoying one of life's many little indulgences: Ice cream, Veronica Mars, losing myself in a book, painting my toenails, or simply daydreaming. I do my best to update this blog as frequently as possible with news on upcoming events, tips for writers, and all things pertaining to my books.

13 April 2012

Friday Five

Happy Friday!

(Yes, I know it's Saturday, but I have a good imagination, and I'm pretending it's still Friday. Feel free to exercise your own imagination.)


1. The HUSH, HUSH graphic novel comes out April 18th - less than a week away! I've heard from my publisher that the book is about to sell out at distribution level, which means if you're dying to get your hands on a copy, you'll probably want to pick up one sooner rather than later. Otherwise, you risk waiting for the graphic novel to go back to print. And did I mention I wrote an original scene between Patch and Nora that will be included as bonus content? I did!



2. YALSA's Teens' Top Ten Nominees have been announced. I've read several of the books on the list, and there is a reason they've been nominated - they're great books! If you're looking for a new book, why not try one of them? The full list can be found HERE.

3. In case you missed it, yesterday I announced FINALE's cover will be revealed in June. Stay tuned!

4. I'm reading INSURGENT by Veronica Roth. It's taking all my willpower to read a little bit every night, stretching it out so the wonderful story won't end too quickly. If you haven't read DIVERGENT, the first book in the trilogy, you are missing out on some very special storytelling. Oh man, how I love Tris and Four. And, oh, how I love the world of DIVERGENT.

5. This week, I sent round two of my FINALE edits to my editor. We're getting so close to the end. I feel lucky and grateful to be working with such a smart and devoted team - we want this book to be an exciting and worthy end to Patch and Nora's story! I still have line edits, copy edits, and first-pass pages, but after that, around mid-May, the book will leave my hands for good and go to print. After that, hurry up, October!

-Becca

8 comments:

readerfreak22 said...

OMG! The graphic novel comes out on my birthday April 18th! I am so siked! I now know what I am going to do with the money I get on my birthday! I am so happy you and your publisher have amazing timing! Thank you and I am sorry I missed your book signing. I hope you have another one in Colorado soon!

Becca Fitzpatrick said...

Happy Birthday!! That IS great timing :)

Teresa Mary Rose said...

I am really jealous that you get to read Insurgent already!

Alison said...

Which books from the YALSA list have you read, Becca?
I want to read a lot of those. I'm almost done with Where She Went! It's really good:)

dogs13 said...

Is it true?! I there going to be a movie on 12.12.12?

My email is: alixlovesdogs@gmail.com

heyuhippo said...

Will patch ever be able to feel Nora because. If not I will be so devastated that I stayed awake night after night with a newborn reading these books. ,:(

heyuhippo said...

Will patch ever be able to feel Nora because. If not I will be so devastated that I stayed awake night after night with a newborn reading these books. ,:(

holz_leanne said...

I just read the graphic novel! AMAZING! When does volume 2 come out?!?!?!