About Me

Hi! I'm Becca Fitzpatrick, the author of the internationally bestselling HUSH, HUSH saga. When not writing, I'm most likely running, prowling sale racks for shoes (stilettos, please!), or enjoying one of life's many little indulgences: Ice cream, Veronica Mars, losing myself in a book, painting my toenails, or simply daydreaming. I do my best to update this blog as frequently as possible with news on upcoming events, tips for writers, and all things pertaining to my books.

28 June 2012

Stuff!

Hey guys -

A whole lotta stuff going into this post. First, I've been invited to participate in the Young Adult Literature Panel at the Old Town Book Fair in Fort Collins, Colorado on July 7th at 1pm. (Try saying that fast seven times.) I am SO excited to be participating in this event. There are several other fabulous YA authors who will be answering your questions with me, including Laura Resau, Sarah Ryan, Brenna Yovanoff, and Amy Kathleen Ryan. After the panel, I will be signing copies of my books. If you live in the area, what a fabulous opportunity to come chat about YA lit. More information about the Old Town Book Fair can be found HERE

 I've been informed that Patch was nominated for the YA Sisterhood's Second Annual Crush Tourney. How fun! And flattering. Thanks so much to those of you who voted. I'll be sure to recruit your votes when Patch goes up against Percy Jackson in the opening round. Talk about stiff competition!

Some FINALE news. This week, I completed first pass pages. What are first pass pages, you ask? Basically, my final chance to read through the manuscript and make any last-minute changes. I caught a few typos, but my greatest fear is that I let a few slip through. It feels like I've read this book a hundred times. With each reading, it becomes more and more difficult to spot mistakes. I feel like I'd need lots of time away from the manuscript to see it with "fresh eyes," and time is something I don't have. The book goes to print ASAP! Which is actually very exciting. Onward, October!

My husband and I spent the weekend in Estes Park hiking. It's one of my favorite weekend getaways, but this time was a little different. After a day of hiking in 90-degree weather, we decided to call it quits and head back to town for food. Trouble was, unbeknownst to us, a fire had started in Estes while we were hiking. Our car was parked directly across the street from the fire, and the road to get there was barricaded. Park Rangers informed us that we might not get out. They had shuttles coming into the park to pick up stranded hikers, but my husband and I decided that was not the course of action we wanted to take. We'd driven my cute little convertible, and I didn't want to leave it behind! So we filled up our water bottles and began the long hike to rescue our car. At first we were wandering through meadows trying to find a road, but we did eventually find one. It took us right up alongside the fire. I'm happy to report the fire is out, and we are doing well. Even the car!


A few more hiking pics (the last is a view of the High Park fire from Estes Park):


Well, that sums up my week. Thank goodness it's (almost!) Friday!

-Becca

1 comment:

Marian said...

Hi, I just had to stop by and say thank you. Thank you for writing my favourite books ever. I can't wait for Finale! :D